Home Foreign Man kidnaps 8-year-old stepson, demands N182,000 ransom from wife.

Man kidnaps 8-year-old stepson, demands N182,000 ransom from wife.

Men of Kenya operatives has recused an 8-year old boy that was abducted by his step-father and have been re-united with her mother.

According to reports , the step-father identified as  Nemwel Ondari abducted the boy after a little fall out with his wife Everline Nandera  on Sunday November 12 .

Following the report lodged by the worried mother at Embakasi police station at around 9:30am, Ondari was apprehended and brought to the police station .

Statement issued by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations- DCI, stated that  the suspect demanded and threatened to kill the boy with a kitchen knife if the wife didn’t act fast.

Read the reports

“Nandera told detectives that she had left their home in Embakasi’s Tel Aviv area at the crack of dawn, headed for Muthurwa market,” the statement read.

However, upon coming back at around 9:20am, she found

her husband and son missing. A note had been left behind

by the husband, Nemwel Ondari, 32, demanding for a

ransom of Sh50,000, for the release of the boy.

In the note, the man warned his wife that he would kill the

boy using a kitchen knife which he had carried, should she

try any monkey business.

Immediately the woman filled her report at Embakasi

police station, detectives from the elite Crime Research

and Intelligence Bureau (CRIB) based at DCI Nairobi area

were assembled and a manhunt for the suspect was launched.

The detectives assisted by their Embakasi counterparts

traced the suspect and arrested him at the NMS Green Park

matatu terminus off Haile Sellasie avenue, a few hour later.

The detectives established that the couple had a heated

argument last night and after Everline left early in the

morning for Muthurwa to fend for her family, the man

packed his clothes and a kitchen knife in two bags, before

taking off with the\ boy.

The detectives pounced on the man at around 4pm, as he eagerly waited for the ransom to be deposited into his Mpesa account.

Mother and child were reunited and the man was escorted to Embakasi police station, where he is cooling his heels awaiting arraignment